Just read my cupcake flavors for my future cupcake shop and tell me which u think...

Bella

May 12, 2008
...sound best!!??? thanks!? Im planning on opening a cupcake shop and these are all the flavors i came up with so cud u plzz read them or at least skim the names and stuff and see which one u think would taste best or sell best thanks ppl all feedback is appreaciated!

Flavors-
Peppermint snow (seasonal) - vanilla cake w/ marshmallow frosting with crushed peppermint and sprinkled w/ coconut and served w/ a complementary candy cane (op.). Hot chocolate (w/ cupcake purchase) = $1 (op.)
Fruit smoothie- vanilla cake w/ chunks of peaches, mixed-berry-yogurt based frosting, topped w/ a maraschino cherry and a mandarin orange segment. Dixie cup of mixed berry smoothie (w/ cupcake purchase) = 75 cents (op.)
Peanut butter fudge- chocolate cake w/ chunks of chocolate fudge, peanut butter flavored frosting, drizzled w/ hot fudge and topped w/ peanut butter and chocolate fudge cube and two Reese pieces candies.
Chocolate covered strawberry (strawberry season) - chocolate cake w/cut up strawberries, dark chocolate mousse frosting, topped w/ brownie crumbles and a half slice of strawberry.
Marble pudding- marble cake w/ vanilla pudding inside, chocolate and vanilla swirled frosting and topped w/ a dollop of vanilla pudding and Oreo crumbles.
Zebra- Oreo cakester cake, vanilla and dark chocolate striped frosting, topped w/ a half oreo.
Key lime pie- vanilla cake w/ key lime pudding inside, kool whip whip cream frosting and green sprinkles.
Shirley temple- vanilla cake w/ maraschino cherries marinated in ginger ale inside, cherry flavored frosting, topped w/ red and white sprinkles. Dixie cup of ginger ale (w/ cupcake purchase) =25 cents (op.)
Powdered jelly- vanilla cake w/ strawberry jelly inside, a thin layer of vanilla frosting then a dollop of strawberry jam and powdered sugar.
Limonade (lemon season) - vanilla cake with lemon pudding inside, lime frosting, topped with green sour sugar crystals and a lemon segment on the side (op.)
Mocha mousse- chocolate coffee cake, dark chocolate mousse frosting, a dollop of coffee frosting, topped with brownie crumbles. Coffee (w/ cupcake purchase) =$1.50 (op.)
Chocolate crazy cupcake- dark white and milk chocolate marbled cake, milk chocolate and white chocolate frosting, topped w/ chocolate sprinkles and a Hershey’s milk chocolate kiss.
Raspberry chocolate (raspberry season) –chocolate cake w/ chunks of raspberries inside, chocolate frosting and topped w/ chocolate sprinkles and a fresh raspberry.
S’more cupcakes- chocolate cake, a graham cracker underneath marshmallow frosting and topped w/ graham cracker crumbles.
Lemon poppy seed -lemon poppy seed cake, lemon frosting and sprinkled w/ poppy seeds.
Coconut cream –vanilla coconut cake, whip cream frosting, topped w/ shredded coconut.
Cocoa coconut –chocolate coconut cake, white chocolate frosting, topped w/ shredded coconut.
Banana split –vanilla cake, vanilla ice cream (instead of frosting) drizzled w/ hot fudge and topped w/ a slice of banana.
Upside-down pineapple – upside-down pineapple vanilla cake, vanilla frosting, topped w/ a pineapple ring and a cherry in the center.
Blueberry vanilla (blueberry season) –vanilla cake w/ blueberries inside, vanilla frosting topped w/ blue sprinkles and a fresh blueberry.
Mint chocolate chip –mint vanilla cake, mint frosting, sprinkled w/ chocolate chips and topped w/ a dollop of whip cream.
Fruit cake (grape/strawberry season) –vanilla fruit cake, vanilla frosting, topped w/ a white grape and a half slice of a fresh strawberry.
Angel food cake –angel food cake, whip cream frosting topped w/ a cherry.
Chocolate pound cake- vanilla pound cake w/ chocolate frosting.
Halloween candy (seasonal) - orange food coloring vanilla cake, chocolate frosting topped w/ hard candy.
Lemon melon –vanilla cantaloupe cake, lemon frosting, topped w/ a square of green melon.
Easter basket (seasonal) –vanilla cake, lemon frosting, sprinkled with shredded coconut and topped with multi-colored jellybeans.
Apple cinnamon -vanilla cinnamon cake with cut up apples inside, vanilla frosting, sprinkled with cinnamon and brown sugar and topped with an apple slice.
Strawberry shortcake –vanilla cake w/ cut up strawberries inside, whip cream frosting, topped with a slice of strawberry.
Birthday cupcake –vanilla with chunks of pound cake and sprinkles inside, vanilla buttercream frosting, topped with sprinkles and a candle.

too much variety--- Keep it simple ---after you have a basic clientel then incorporate the occasional speciallty item.

Bella, way over the top. You should know the more varieties you have, the more will be left unsold. My wife is on a committee and have bake sales. They keep them simple and to what the demand calls for.

Additional: something came to mind, you could do a blackboard special with lets say three different types, and see how they sell. Just don't bake to much, maybe five dozen of each max. You could do that bye weekly or monthly.

They all sound amazing, but Mint chocolate chip & chocolate covered strawberry are my favourites. Yum!!!

Number one, from someone who ran her own business? Simplify. You are going way too far with fancy everything. The public likes simple, basic flavors. I cringe when I watch cupcake wars on the Food channel as they are using everything from liver to beef in cupcakes. Yuck. Go with Italian buttercream, lighter, less sweet, and you can flavor it many ways, and still get the fun, fancy without the clawingly sweet sugar high. You will need to refridgerate them, can freeze them and still have them just as great when dethawed. You have great ideas, which you can do with the italian buttercream, and it will be tastier, prettier, and sell like hot cakes. You go Girl.