I'm trying to find the name of a childrens book. can someone please help me?

BronteE1

Oct 7, 2011
ive been looking for this book for years, and only just thought about asking here. about 15 years ago in kindergarden, the person who was quietest during nap time always got to get up first and pick a picture book to look at before everyone else. i always wanted to be picked so i could choose my favourite book before everyone else. i can't exactly remember the story line (obviously) but there was a boy and he had a little dragon friend. i remember at one point the little dragon went to his school while he was in class, and he told it that it cant follow him to school... there was also a huge dragon that was made of stone and started to come back to life as the stone broke of it, i also seem to remember that only ever a little bit of the big dragon was shown at a time, it was kind of hidden in each page. im not exactly sure why the stone dragon was slowly (each page he lost a little more stone) or how the book ended but from what i remembered it was really good and one of my favourite books. if anybody has any idea what book i (sort of) described, i would love it if u could let me know. THANKYOU!
nope it's not come to school dear dragon,or There's No Such Thing as a Dragon

im pretty sure it was based around the big stone dragon waking up, but i just remember a scene where the little dragon goes to find the boy at school
i also remember that the dragons had arrowhead tails..

I think it is called Come to School Dear Dragon written by Margaret Hillert :)

Back