I'm trying to CFW a PSP 2001 with the Datel Service Tool?

MARKB

May 14, 2008
I have a PSP1001 that is already running CFW (5.00 M33 I believe) and I'm trying to take care of my nephew's PSP2001 running OFW 5.02. I have the Datel Service tool which I've used before to do this exact same thing and thus I already have a MMS (Magic Memory Stick) made that works on both PHAT and SLIM PSP models. I've never had this much issue but for some reason I can't get his PSP to accept the process. I thought initially that I was doing something wrong so I even re-created the "PANDORA MMS" with a number of utilities out there and changed the command key (originally the L button but have tried others). The real issue is that the service mode boot doesn't like the SLIM PSP screen so you don't get any menus or prompts. In the past I've come across some PSPs that you simply pop the stick in, insert the service tooled battery and after a few seconds magic starts to happen. Some SLIM PSP models require you to wait a few seconds (even though the screen is black) and hit X or some other key to start the process. I'm at a loss and just can't figure this out so here I am, throwing myself at the Mercy of the Internet. I wouldn't consider myself a n00b at this as I've helped tons of friends out with this exact same process before but for some reason this time I'm forced to shed all previous knowledge and exercise great humility in asking this question. Thanks in advance for any help.

Back