I need help to see how i can take my daughter on vacation with me out of the country?

bitanlos

Feb 11, 2009
What should I do since my daughter's father is not allowing me to take her on vacation w/me to the Phil?
My daughter's father and I have joint custody. I had told him that I am planning on taking a vacation back home and I am taking my daughter with me. He seems to be fine but yesterday said that he is not going to sign the consent for my daughter to travel outside the country. I already bought our tickets but without his consent she can't leave. What should I do? should I go back to court and explain my situation. He's afraid that I will take her away from him but I have never given him the inclination of doing such thing. He doesn't even give me child support (never, not even a penny) but yet I allow him to see our kid because I think that it is important that she has a relationship with her father. They get along really well. I just want to go on vacation with her and rest. It's been 23 years since I left my country. He thinks that I am being sneaky. Please help. We all live in Los Angeles, California. By the way does Joint Custody means 50/50? Also, our plane tickets show the departure date and arrival back in LA. We are only going to be gone for 12 days.
25 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.
Additional Details
My daughter is 6. Her father didn't have a job then and even now so finance was not discussed. I don't know what to do.. Should I go to court and ask a judge to grant me permission to go on vacation with her?
59 seconds ago

Back