how to introduce kitten to the stables he will be living live at ?

Corn

May 26, 2008
ok so we have agreed to take a kitten of of my mums friend as she believes it is semi-feral, he is to live in our tack room but i just wondered what is the best way to introduce him to this plz bear in mind he is really not very social, should i pub him in the tack room with food and water and block his exit to get him used to being there or should i put him in a pet carrier and gradually let him out or should i just let him out and hope that he doesn't run away ? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance xxx

Yeah, keep him in his room for a period of time, no more than a week but socialize with him in there to get him use to humans- specially you. When he is use to his new environment, open the gates and explore with him the new world he is going to live in. But make sure he likes you first or he may abandon you. If a cat likes someone they will stay. After that, keep making him feel at home!

Don't forget scratching posts, toys and always replace water and food. If you wouldn't want to drink or eat it, than your cat defiantly won't too. Also, don't bath your cat, he will bath himself.

Back