How to fix "A disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" ?

DashingDiva

Feb 17, 2013
I have brought new Samsung NP300E5X-A08IN laptop two weeks back. Had installed windows 8. But on Thursday night when I was using it it gradually become slower to operate and then message popped up that it needs restart and it restarted by itself, after waiting for couple of minutes I got this error
" A disk read error occurred. Press ctrl + alt + Del to restart"
When I did so that message appeared again and this cycle goes on

I called Samsung since it's under warranty, they said this error occurs due to corrupt O and probably no hardware issue.Try reinstalling , it maybe with other DVD.

I tried everything, switching off and restarting again, starting without battery, tried reinstalling again with DVD and bootable pen drive but nothing seems to be fixing that error.

I have used laptop quite carefully and there is definitely no intentional or accidental ramming over laptop so I think it's unlikely that my hard disk has gone bizarre.
Moreover Hard disk is detected in bios under boot priority order.

Don't know what to do. Please help me to fix it.

It seems like you have tried all the possibility but got not positive result. Why don't you let it fix it by the dealer? Its two month old and you have the right to ask for. Otherwise just go to service shop. Sorry i don't have solutions for your problem. But suggest you to go and get fixed somewhere.

Back