How much is my 1982 Volvo 240 Turbo Wagon worth?

the_who1989

Sep 27, 2008
I have an 82 Grey Volvo 240 Turbo Wagon that I would like to sell. It has 193,000 miles on it, which I believe is pretty low for the Volvo 240 series. It is an automatic transmission that is still working fine. Ocasionally when it is cold, the transmission will slip into nuetral at a stop for a moment, and then back into drive. I was worried when it first started doing that, but once the car warms up, it stops happening. Its done that since ive owned it. I do not believe it will get any worse, as ive heard this is a common problems with these older Volvos. Strange... It just passed smog with a new catalytic converter, and a new master brake cylinder. It has a fine steady constant idle at about 900rpm's, and never bogs down or stalls. It does have a wierd little cold start issue. When you start it, the whole car will shake around for about 15 to 20 seconds. I was told by the previous owner that the fuel injectors are delicate, and need some time to open up when cold starting, but it is not a problem. It has always done this, but never gotten worse. The car always starts! It really is reliable as hell! It has a newer paint job that was professionally done about 6 years ago. It has the rare Volvo Virgo turbo rims that make the car look pretty slick. The car really looks and runs as if it were a new car! The only thing that sucks about it is that you need to run at least unleaded plus fuel in it, or it could damage the injectors and/or the turbo. With gas prices of today, and with me being a broke - ass college student, it can be a bit frusterating. Besides that, the only reason I want to sell it is because I want a mid sized SUV, such as a Toyota 4runner or an isuzu trooper or something of the kind. I would like something with 4 wheel drive. I purchased the car for about 2500 dollars about two years ago, and have since put about 1200 into it for parts.

Let me know how much you think I could get for it. It is super reliable, easy to drive, SAFE (its a volvo), and in a nerdy way, kindof cool looking. Hahaha.

Try going to
http://www.kbb.com/

and search it and you should get an estimate price

Back