How does 1 manage money day trading, set $ gains for the day & thinking

smellyrefrigerator

Mar 5, 2009
settlement dates 4 future econ. news? I asked a question about day trading several days ago. All answers were good. The question has been removed, I do not know why. I wanted to ask the respondents the above question. I wanted to send them a chart I was using on the QID/QLD they were trading. I sold FAZ @40 and it went to 80 4 days later. I bought GE today sold for a loss but if I held longer the amount of my loss would of been my gain. I sold because the trend changed. Does one sit and watch their picks all day. Is this a 12 hour a day job? Picking the next day stocks or just trade 1 or 2. I am the newbie to day trading that has had long term trading success. (80% ROI guy/30% shorter term) How long does one watch a trend develop before entering? It seems that I am entering a trend at the end and have to sell to cut my loss. So this is a numbers game cut the loss short and let winners run, just time time period is different? I went back and reviewed my losses, and volume I was not watching closely. On a 1 minute time interval, what is the average average volume does one look at? Any help is great! Thanks. I started using 5 min and the standard 65 min (set). I can change it to any thing I want.

Back