How do you get someone to believe in God? And accept Jesus Christ as our Lord Savior?

GLORIAK

Jun 9, 2008
Hello :) I have a question. How do you get someone to believe in God? I asked my friend, "what do you believe in?" and he replied, "I believe in finding purpose and knowledge." its like he respects how much I believe in the Lord and tells me that its a good thing, but he says if something doesn't make sense to him it doesn't make sense. And also that he questions a lot of things.

Waterboarding worked for the CIA. It sure beats being burnt at the stake.

Edit: And the subject (usually) lives ( unless you do it wrong) which is really handy in conversions.

You dont... They can believe in whatever they want. Its there choice not yours. I believe in god... But the Bible, I dont really follow by. It wasnt written by god, so why should it tell me what I should do to celebrate ( for lack of a better word) god. I pray, and I believe he has changed a lot in my life. But I totally understand people who dont believe.

You have to provide a compelling argument.

If someone uses a lot of logic, and rational thought, and skepticism.... They are never going to believe in any Gods.

--not superstitious

First, since the Bible is the source of all the information we have about Jesus, explain the wonderful history of the book. Moses is the author of the first 5 books of the Bible (Genesis through Numbers), and even though Moses wasn't alive during the Garden of Eden and the Great Flood, he was there enough to have witnessed enough to write all about it. And even though Moses went back into the desert at the end of the Exodus, he was still able to write what happened in the books of Leviticus and Numbers.

Explain how the Bible makes lots of logical sense, and they will be persuaded on the book's own merits.

Good luck,

Well you need to start with someone who wants to believe in something.
If they have already made up there mind its unlikely (but not unheard of) to get them to change.

You can't convince someone of the existence of something they know to be imaginary unless you produce a god.
I believe you people are experiencing some difficulty with that one.
I wonder why.
~

I don't mean any disrespect, but why would you want to as you word, "get someone to believe"? To me, that implies an imposition of your will (which I believe if you believe in God, you think he gave everyone free will) onto someone else's. I think you can hope for your friend the same kind of joy you have in this realization and share your individual experience, but ask for getting someone else to believe, that can only come from a personal desire to know.

If they're truly your friend, why can't they believe in what they like, especially seeing they don't have a problem with you believing something that differs to their beliefs? Or why can't you just let them be?

its good to Q .. everything .. so says scripture.
WE do not convert.
The Holy Spirit does the converting.
however, i think praying is a much better option
unless the person is ready to LISTEN about
Jesus Christ.

Just let the friend believe what they want, if you try to force your beliefs on them it will only cause tension in the friendship. Plus, does it really matter? If you truly care for this person you should respect their right to choose whether to believe or not.

Easy, show them evidence that your version of God exists, that Jesus is his son, that believing in him will make you go to heaven, that there is such a place as heaven, etc.
It worked for you didn't it? Wait, what's that? you didn't check for evidence before believing in it?
...then why do you believe in it?

Back