How do I get a better phone out of Telus, for free?

jamiegraystone

Jul 10, 2010
So, in 2010, I signed a three-year contract for an Android phone (Motorola Milestone). It would have been nice if the salesperson told me I was getting a phone that barely works and would be completely obsolete in a few years. The phone can't stay connected to some WiFi connections, while my friends with newer phones can connect to the same WiFi. It takes ages to send text messages, and a lot of the time, I get a "message not sent" error, and sometimes, when people text me, I get their text 2 or 3 times. The phone also randomly restarts and sometimes, the screen will bunch up into the top 1/6 of the phone, glitch out, and completely freeze. I've tried a factory reset, but that hasn't fixed the problem.

My plan does not have unlimited data usage, and I use my phone a lot when I'm inside my house, so I really need a phone that can connect to WiFi. The only problem is that I am barely keeping up with my bills as it is, and I'm still under contract with Telus (so I can't sign another contract).

What can I do?

Thanks!

Back