How do I disconnect an Android Words with Friends account from Facebook?

thw

Jan 9, 2012
When I try, on my Android device, to connect my Words with Friends account to Facebook, I'm told that another account is already linked. I'm not sure how that happened, I did play around with the app when I first got it and must have inadvertently created an account through Facebook, which I would now like to get rid of, deactivate, disconnect from my device - whatever I need to do in order to connect the games I'm playing on my phone to the ones I'm playing on Facebook.

I have seen this question asked here but the answers haven't been helpful. One says to go to account settings and select "deactivate account" but this is not an option when I go to Settings -> Account. The other answers didn't address the actual question.

I can't even figure out how to log out so I can switch between the two accounts on my phone. I think I used to be able to, but nothing comes up when I click the menu button and I've clicked everywhere else. And just to state, I'm normally the person my friends come to when they need to figure stuff like this out.

My phone is a MyTouch 3G slide.

Back