How do I connect my home theater to my Xbox 360 so the speakers play sound from my...

CHARMAINE

Feb 28, 2008
...games? I have a Samsung HT-D5500/ZA home theater system and of course an Xbox 360.

Do I need a cable aside from the HDMI cable I'm using (Mediabridge Ultra Series - High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet 6 Feet Category 2 Certified - Supports 3D and Audio Return Channel from Amazon) in order to get the speakers to play the game sounds? Or do I need something else?
EDIT: It's already connected to the TV. It plays DVDs and Blu-ray discs with sound and everything.
?: Thank you! I got the sound to work! But because of the size of the part of the needed cable that plugs into the Xbox, I couldn't have both that and the HDMI cable plugged in at the same time. I tried also plugging in the yellow video plug and I've tried all input options on my TV (HDMI 1, 2, 3, and Video 1) to see if the picture will show and nothing worked. Sorry if I'm being incredibly stupid, but I've never dealt with home theater systems before :(
Nevermind, I got the picture to work using the component cables. Now is there any way to get an HD quality picture using just the Xbox RCA and component cables? (The HDTV switch on the cable doesn't do anything.) Or is there a way to somehow make the HDMI cable work?

Back