How do I book a Disney World vacation?

chrissy

May 13, 2008
My parents are booking a Disney World vacation for me, my husband, our son, my brother and his family as a Christmas present this year. But, my Dad is asking me to book everything, and I'm clueless and have no idea where to begin. I went to Disney World's website and started working there, but the cheapest I can get everything is $9,000 and that's just for basic, 1 meal a day per person. There is 6 adults and 3 kids ages 6, 4 and 2. My Dad is wanting me to find a package deal that includes all of our meals and everything, and he wants to stay at Disney. I've never been there before so I have no idea what I'm doing. Do any of you have any experience on booking a Disney vacation? This was also for 6 nights...so maybe that's not very expensive...? But when I put a higher package that included 3 meals a day it went up to $14,000...if any of you could please give me some helpful info on how to maybe get some good deals on packages or how you went about planning your vacation, or if you could even recommend some resorts or anything I would greatly appreciate it. I just didn't know if it's easier to just get a travel agent or if that adds a lot more money...? Any info is appreciated, thanks!!
we want to go jan. 2nd - 8th

I hope you realize that the week form Xmas to New Years is usually the busiest time of the year and the parks will be packed. Tickets to the Disney parks for 6 adults and 2 kids (the 2 yr old does not pay) will cost you just over. $2,000/ I usually would not suggest this but in your case, I would look for a completely authorized Disney agent. There are many on the internet. You should not have to pay much more than buying individually. Just make absolutely certain that you are dealing with a guaranteed authorized agent. - For prices and meal plans you may try www.allears.net - excellent website and you can find out everything. Be careful not to get sucked in by scam artists that offer great deals, usually on ebay or craig's list.

if you are a member of AAA then go through them cuz there's no additional fee. (and they give you a 20% room rate discount as long as you are not taking advantage of any other discounts)
otherwise either book on the disney world website or by phone which is also free of charge.

i think you are probably trying to be a bit more luxurious than you need to be cuz there's no way it should cost $9,000-$14,000 for a trip for 9 and one of the 9 is completely free since they are only 2yrs old. (athough you said it was as an xmas present but you did not say WHEN you are going. if its literally FOR xma then thats where your problem is cuz you can't book in the end of october for the xmas/new years time or you will be paying top shelf prices)

this would be my recommendation...
-hotel: TWO standard rooms at a pop century which is a value resort
-park tickets: 5 day BASE tickets. this way you can go to magic kingdom for 2 days and the other 3 parks for one day each and you'll still have a day to relax and rest your feet.
-dining plan: either the quick service dining plan which includes 2 quick service meals, 2 snacks, and a hotel refillable mug per person per night or the regular dining plan which includes 1 quick service meal, 1 table service meal, and 1 snack per person per night. (also bring a few things from home such as granola bars, cookies, pop tarts, water bottles, juice.....you could even have these things as your breakfast so you wouldn't waste a meal credit on breakfast)

children don't need tickets until they are 3. although this also means that the 2yr old child will not get the dining plan so you will have to pay out of pocket but kids meals are super cheap (usually between $5-$8 and they get a lot of food!) plus when ever there is a buffet style restaurant involved the 2yr old eats for free.

plug that into the disney world website and see what price you get for the dates you are going and see what ya get.

oh and make sure to look at the special offers page (under the tickets and packages drop down) to see if any of them apply to when you are going.

if you are flying i would not recommend booking it on the disney world website as they partner with the more expensive airlines.
go to a "value" airline such as southwest.com, delta.com, jetblue.com

Back