How can I install new Samsung multifunction printer onto wireless network?

sigehhhhh

Jan 29, 2011
Hi there I just bought a new Samsung printer model no. CLX-3180 series. It is a multifunction color laser printer. The disc that Samsung issued me with for installation is not working. I have attempted to install it by doing what it says:
1. I set up the printer and connected the printer to the wireless router via ethernet cable.
2. I searched using wireless setup option on the disk for the computer on the network. It reported back that it could not find it so I was unable to install it wirelessly as it says it is not connected to the LAN network, which it is.
3. I then plugged it in via USB and attempted to install it via the disc. This did not work so I tried to do it through windows. This worked and I was able to print from the desktop through the USB.

This is all good and well but we have 3 other computers on the network and they can't print!!!

Any help would be much appreciated

We have a netgear wireless router by the way we 4 ethernet ports and attempting to install on Vista. (There is another Vista computer and 2 Macs on the network)

Back