Dvd to avi-divx Conversion program ?

Datadocen

Nov 17, 2012
Looking for a program to convert all my dvd folders to divx avi
I have a lot of dvds , some are on discs and some harddrive folders, but these take up far too much space when travelling so im looking for an easy gui driven program to convert dvd discs or folders to divx avi. A 4 gb dvd should end up about 700 mb
I have tested many programs, some are unreliable and crash a lot , others like dvd2avi corrupt the aspect ratio and many does not support folders at all , only disc format. Also it should not have artifacts in the video.
Apreciate suggestion for a good program and best codec
Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite , shows only 3 of 5 audio languages , not the ones i want , tryed both loading methods useless since I dont like german or italian sound when there is an english track (track5) , also fails keep aspect ratio / resolution
TMPGEnc seems to do the job, I tryed a couple titles now , with dualpass picture is good and size about 800 mb is a lot better than 4-6 gb pr movie when travelling , space is limited, if i bring all my dvd discs then I would not have room for other stuff, adding dvds to harddrive folders
works but again drives are limited in space. Divx gives me several times more entertainment at the same space. Only drawback is waiting 6-7 hours pr title but I guess theres no way around that, dumping to harddrive seems to have no impact compared to external drive , but I guess compared to a slow dvd player the difference will be noticable. That tmpgenc also has batch conversion is a big bonus and allows adding a pile of titles at the time.
I tryed the h2

Back