Did neanderthals have immortal souls? What about Homo erectus, Homo habilis...?

Gammazon

Aug 19, 2010
All were bipedal judging by pelvises, heel bones etc. unlike modern apes such as chimps (brain size 300-500cc)

H. neanderthalensis average brain size similar to H. Sapiens (us), 1450 cc
H. Erectus avg. brain size 900cc (750-1225cc as get more recent)
H. Habilis avg. brain size 650cc (500-800cc as get more recent)
Ardipithecus ramidus 450cc (we have the pelvis, skull, left leg, both arms of a specimen)

Sources
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/species.html
Nat. Geographic July 2010

I'm an atheist btw. Just curious what non-atheists think

Well usually atheist make up there own theory and usual know if they are.. Not think... But I'm a Christian atheist lol. I believe in christain beleifs but I don't follow them. Oh and not catholic Christian but I'm a baptist.

No for a very different reason than you might think.
The soul is not immortal. The soul is the person not some ethereal mystical thing.

While there is still a swirl of controversy about these examples listed as being anything but human remains lets leave that controversy for others to bicker about.

Did Adam RECEIVE a soul or did Adam BECOME a soul.
This is important. For to receive a pet is far different than becoming one.
(Genesis 2:7) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (kjv)
Here the word for soul means living breathing creature.ne?phesh [????]; Gr., psy·khe? [????
If it breaths it is a soul.
Even the animals where called souls
(Genesis 1:20) .*.*.And God went on to say: “Let the waters swarm forth a swarm of living souls .*.*.
(Genesis 1:24) .*.*.And God went on to say: “Let the earth put forth living souls according to their kinds, domestic animal and moving animal and wild beast of the earth according to its kind.” And it came to be so.*.*.

The soul dies and is not immortal
(Ezekiel 18:4) .*.*.The soul that is sinning—it itself will die.*.*.
(Matthew 10:28) .*.*.fear of him that can destroy both soul and body in Ge·hen?na.

Adam was to return to the ground when he died.
(Genesis 3:19) .*.*.In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.”

By the way life after death in the bible is always referred to by means of a resurrection. Even Jesus received a resurrection.

So they where souls but not immortal ones these examples you list. Regardless of what class men decide to file them.

Back