CAR Audio Questions! Help!?

Evolver

Jan 9, 2009
Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to read this and help me. I dont have the best stuff, so please dont judge... Just need some assistance!

My car is a 1999 Buick Century

-Big 3 with 0 gaguge cable = DONE
-H.O. Alternator (Bigger explanation down in my summary)
-Kinetik HC1800 ( Just bought yesterday December 24, 2012

My Stereo:
-Kenwood Excelon x696 Headunit
-Alpine MRX-M100 1000.1 @ 2ohm (installed with 4 gauge cable 100 amp fuse)
-2 Alpine 12" Type R. I have them wired to both equal out to a total of 2 ohms so its at 1000 watts
-Cerwin Vega 600.4 (300rms) (8gauge wire, 50 amp fuse)
-Front speakers 5.25" Alpine Type S
-Rear Speakers 6"x9" Alpine Type S
-1 Farad Rockford Fosgate Capacitor only connected to the Alpine Mono Amp

AND yes my audio and power cables are ran on different sides of my car.

Question 1: When i accelerate i get engine noise... i dont understand why. My grounds are great, never overheats.... ive tried everything...!!

IMPORTANT QUESTION #2: I couldn't afford to spend 500$ on a brand name High output alternator so i bought one on ebay that was made specifically for my car for a lot less. The description said it was 220amps, while my stock alternator was 105amps. My new high output alternator at idle puts out only about 12.9-13.6 volts at idle, but at about 1200RPM it goes to a steady 14.0-14.4.
When i have my radio on to the loudest volume that's still clear, it starts off really loud for the first 15 seconds, then it gets a tiny bit lower, then it begins to clip... after about 30 seconds of playing. My Bass Boost is barely on and the Gain is set correctly with a DMM... Should i get rid of the CAP and put my stock ALT back in... BTW I just got my new Kinetik 1800 yesterday... SO please help I'm so confused!

SORRY for the lengthy question!

-

Back