Car audio help needed?

Brandon

May 13, 2008
I am planning to buy a pretty decent system in the next 6 months or so, and I wanted to know what would be best. I drive an SRT-4 btw, if that helps anything.

So far, this is what I had in mind:

Deck: Alpine CDA-117 was what I been looking at, I like alpine, don't need all the bells and whistles of some of the higher end ones though.

Door/Dash:Boston Acoustics Pro50SE kit

(Powered by):??? Any suggestions? High end stuff preferably.

6x9s:Boston Acoustics SR95s

(powered by):Again? Suggestions? Can I run these on an amp with the Pro50SEs? Or would it be best just to get a little 200w amp of some kind for these themselves since they run at 4ohms an not 3 apparently for the pro50s?

Subs: 2 Boston SPG555s sealed, 1cu.ft a piece (separated). Or should I just do 2xG5 12s?, I still want it to be spectacular most importantly)

(powered by):Kicker zx2500.1, or would an Alpine PDX1000.1 a piece be better? A lot of youtube vids have the spg555 on that pdx, and I don't know if its cause they don't want to spend the money or if the Audio Express guy was just trying to sell me on the zx.

I used to have two Boston Pro series 10s on 2 RF power800a2s and loved it till it got jacked, Haven't had a system since but now I'm lookin' to get a good one. I went in wanting to get some prices on the best Boston subs on the equivalent RF Power series amps. The guy told me that the Kicker stuff he had was better and that's why he stopped selling the RF stuff. I know a lot of people used to talk **** about RF, but they sounded decent with the Power800a2 on the Pro series 10s to me back then in the late 90s.

I also don't know what I need to do for power, Kinetics dry cells or do I just need a really big cap? Or both? I don't want to damage my electrical system or my alternator, And I don't want it to drain my car of power if its on for 2 minutes without the engine running.

I work construction, and this would run me about $7,000 according to Audio Express after heavy Dyno-matting, wiring, labor, and parts. That puts me at about $2,500 down on a 1 year layaway that costs as much as a car payment. I can afford it, but If I can cut something out without sacrificing any sound just so I can get it sooner I'd love it. Would the G5s even change any of that? Or would 3 of them maybe even sound better if its worth it?

I know I have a lot of questions, sorry. I just don't trust the dealers very much and want to make sure I don't short myself anywhere.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
What?
The 7000 includes all the parts and install. The actual install price is under 1500, and the deck costs one dollar to install. And the dynomat they were going to do 300 per sheet for the mat and labor. The subs Im kind of set on, I LOVE Boston subs. Ive never heard cleaner sound. The amp is where I was most curious. And if the G5s would be a better application than the SPG-555s. And the one area where I really need help is the power for all of it.

I think to save u the most money cut the dyno-mat. Its extremely expensive and labor is gunna be killer for that alone. As for your other products head unit is good, good price and good function. Door speakers same. amp i would deff recommend soundstream or MTX. There really good companies for amps. same goes for the subs. Boston is a great pick but u can also check out MTX and soundstream stuff since your going for 12 inch subs u might as well check out the new t6 from soundstream. There amazing and i personally love them. that 7000 seems ridiculous for total installation. my local audio shop when i had my amp done was $90 for installation and headunits were 55. door speaker installation was 35. I think again the most is gunna be that dyno-mat. If u wanna save a little cash u can do the headunit and door speakers yourself very easily. Crutchfield.com can hook you up with all the bells and whistles to install yourself and u can ask them anything and theyll have an answer for you. amps are probably the most difficult thing if you have never done a set-up. Id leave that to the pros. for power deff run the kinetic set up. I can go on and on about audio. Research and ask other shops for prices because i think that 7k is ridiculous. hope i was a little help.

Back