Can i use a mobile phone charger on my smartphone?

Liv

Jun 3, 2008
so i have a samsung galaxy s3 and have been using it for 2 months now and just recently, it started to take me 8 hours to fully charge my phone. it wasnt like this at first. So , i thought there was something wrong with my battery but after a while, i realised the problem was my charger. anyways, now im using an old mobile phone charger and it charges my phone like normal but im just worried if this is okay or will it spoil my phone or its battery life? cause i read the manual and it said to only use a charger that is specified for the phone type or else the device or battery might get damaged. is this true?
here's some info about the charger if it helps.
s3 charger : output 5.0v - 1.0A
the mobile phone charger im using now : output 4.75v - 0.55A

use any charger because s3 is having a usb charger, i am using both iphone 4s and s3 and uses charger of iphone or s3 or micromax anyone with usb charging.

about your charger rating the current charger you are using giving less volts i.e is giving 4.75 instead of 5.0 as in s3 so your phone is not at risk, about ampere s3 is of 1 amp while your current charger is of 0.55 amp that means your charger is at risk not your phone.

your are using s3 from 2 months, so go to the service centre and get your charger replaced free of cost.

When I first started reading this I was going to say that you need to be careful because of the placement of the Positive & negative prongs in the plug , but you had already used it and it worked.

Your Original charger is a 5 volt charger and the one you are using is a 4.75 volt which is obviously .25 volts to low but seems to work. Only 1/4 of a volt to low

The A = Amps and the battery was made to handle the original charger of 1 AMP
You are on the LOW side there to,with just over a 1/2 an amp,(.55A), but that only means it will take longer to charge than a 1 amp charger.
So your fine. Your on the low side which is much better than overcharging & burning it out..

Back