Can I hunt on family land in Georgia without a license?

TexasPride

Aug 29, 2008
Georgia law says this:

"Resident License is required for all resident hunters 16 years old or older except when hunting on land owned by them or their immediate family (blood or dependent relationship) residing in the same household."

Due to military status, I qualify as a resident for hunting purposes. I have an aunt who lives in Georgia who will let me hunt deer on her property this season. But, after I take one, will I be able to have it processed in Georgia, or will they require me to show a license to have it butchered?

Mostly, I am asking about the procedures on must go through to have a deer processed in Georgia.

This question may be best answered by Georgia hunters, but anyone with knowledge would be helpful.

Thanks.

If I understand it correctly, you'd need to be living on the property as well. I'd ask the Fish & Game people (or whatever they call it in Georgia) what the story is.

I'm not familiar with Georgia policy, but around here you need to show a tag before anyone will process a carcass for you; and to get that tag (called a stamp here) you need to have a license. I'm not sure what the laws are if you process it yourself, which at least one of my schoolmates did.

http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us

Maybe will help it's Georgia Department Of Natural Resources .

Back