Bruce Lee in MMA? Is this a stupid question?

TheSkiier

Apr 8, 2009
Is this is really a dumb question? I read people asking how Bruce Lee would do in MMA.

First of all, Bruce Lee never trained in MMA which has rules. Perhaps the question should be, could Bruce Lee kick Jens Pulvers or BJ Penn's a..s...s in a street fight where eye gauging and throat strikes are legal and no gloves are worn.

Bruce Lee fought in REAL street fights. That is a fact. John Saxson said that he fought people who challenged him while filming. He whipped several people's rear end. That is a fact, not a made up story. He also beat a grand master in a REAL street fight.

To say that Bruce should have to fight someone in an MMA fight that Bruce never even trained in is real dumb. It's just like saying, could Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson beat Danica Patrick racing indy cars. Jeff and Jimmie race NASCAR, not Indy, so Danica would kick their a....s....s in Indy, unless they practiced for at least 2 years or maybe much longer. Street fighting is NOT the same as MMA, do you agree?
Genocide- Bruce Lee practiced Jeet Kune Do, but he got into street fights. In case you don't know what a street fight is...that means no rules.
Rob - Not trying to insult Bruce. The guy was true master of the arts. I know he really did beat a grandmaster in a REAL fight. That is documented. But MMA is a totally different kind of fight. Now, could he adapt. I think so, but my main point is that Bruce was a street fighter. He would be a feather weight in MMA. Today's fighters use PEDs, so it would be interesting on how that would work.

bruce lee was not a street fighter and yes he was a trained martial artist, yes this is a very very stupid question.

no , it's not dumb , I have the same thought as you . I think he would probably kill ,someone in the ring

i agree slightly...you can consider bruce lee a street fighter but he could also fight in mma and do real well (using mma rules)

bruce lee pride himself on be a well verse or rounded fighter (he invited Jeet Kune Do - look it up)

to keep it short Jeet Kune Do is a philosophy of marital arts with guiding thoughts that focus of on what bruce lee consider the four ranges of combat - kicking, punching, trapping, grappling

this is were mma got its influence from (remember mma began as illegal backyard fights or we can call it street fighting)

so when you look at mma is just an form of organized street fighting (with rules) and bruce lee would be able to adapt to the rules and probably be able to hold all the title belts in each weight class if the athletic commission would let him fight in those heavier weight classes

bruce lee was not a street fighter and yes he was a trained martial artist, yes this is a very very stupid question.

i agree slightly...you can consider bruce lee a street fighter but he could also fight in mma and do real well (using mma rules)

bruce lee pride himself on be a well verse or rounded fighter (he invited Jeet Kune Do - look it up)

to keep it short Jeet Kune Do is a philosophy of marital arts with guiding thoughts that focus of on what bruce lee consider the four ranges of combat - kicking, punching, trapping, grappling

this is were mma got its influence from (remember mma began as illegal backyard fights or we can call it street fighting)

so when you look at mma is just an form of organized street fighting (with rules) and bruce lee would be able to adapt to the rules and probably be able to hold all the title belts in each weight class if the athletic commission would let him fight in those heavier weight classes

Back