9 week puppy will not stop whining!?

AmandaR

May 16, 2008
We have a nine week Rott puppy. We have had him for 3 weeks now. He is a very happy boy until today. Since 7am he has whined non stop. I take him outside and he does his business, then whines at the door. We go inside and he will stop to eat. All the while whining. We have played and he will fetch toys but whine the whole time. i have cuddled him but he just whines. He does not seem to be in any pain. Walking just fine, bodily functions are normal. He doesn't seem upset at all, just the noise. Is this normal? He has an appointment tomorrow but I am worried today.
I should add that we were told by the breeder that he was 8 weeks old. The next day his vet confirmed that he was more like 6. We tried to do it right. We were basically lied to, but we love him and he has shown no signs for the last 3 weeks so I doubt his age has anything to do with it. His vet told us that he was very healthy and while he was young, there was nothing wrong with us taking him home. He has been crate trained, potty trained and already knows some basic commands. I have checked over his entire body. Squeezing toes, looking in his ears, checking his mouth, and he is in no distress when I do that. My only guess would be something internal.
I appreciate all of the advice but we figured it out! Our daughter has been on spring break and today was her first day back to school. She got off the bus from Kindergarten and he has been fine since. He missed his girl! I think he got so used to having her here all the time! He is still going to the vet tomorrow for his second round of shots and I will mention it so that she can give him a quick exam just in case this was not the problem!

Probably because you get him when he was far too young to leave the litter. He is missing them and doesn't know what to do with himself.

Back