2008 Kawasaki Mean Streak or something else?

TheWickerman1

Oct 15, 2008
I've only been riding for 2 months, started on a 93 GSX600F Katana thats been tuned to about 100 hp (awesome first bike). Due to the riding I do, which is mostly highway (usually a 6 hr ride every few weeks from western KY to Cincinnati), the ergonomics of a sportbike are too uncomfortable for that type or riding. Also, I am truly uninterested in dragging my knees through turns, as the roads of KY are horribly maintained, and being in the country, there is plenty of gravel washed into the roads, as well as free roaming dogs. Finally, to my question: I have decided to get my hands on a cruiser. I want something around or above 1000cc's, as I am used to "serious" power, but not looking for something ungodly heavy (under 700 lbs). Handling is a must, as well, as we all know we need to avoid things a little quicker than we'd hope. I'm looking between the Honda VTX1300C or the Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak. I rarely ride around town, usually the bike is just used for long distance trips to save on fuel compared to my truck. If anyone has any other recommendations, I am partial to bikes with the short "custom" style fenders, and no "duck tail" on the rear fender. Detailed explanations are appreciated.

Back