Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

How do I install the Xvid Codec for Quicktime on Windows?

I have this video file, and the suggested program to open it with is quicktime, but when I open it it says that I need to install the missing components, I installed the xvid codec but now what do I do?

Unregistered
    Save yourself the hassle and play the video in Windows Media Player. Resolves the issue. I spent 3 hours trying to downloading codecs and then realized, just right click on the file and OPEN WITH Windows Media Player. Hope this helps!!!

Unregistered
    Actually, when I play an xvid avi file on Windows Media Player, it recognizes it as a video, but will only play the audio along with a visualization of the audio.

Unregistered

Star Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Save yourself the hassle and play the video in Windows Media Player. Resolves the issue. I spent 3 hours trying to downloading codecs and then realized, just right click on the file and OPEN WITH Windows Media Player. Hope this helps!!!
    Seedude when i try it with windows media player i can only hear the audio!!!!!!

Unregistered

xvux windows codec

www(DOT)xvidmovies(DOT)com/codec/

Unregistered
    i have the same problem i got the codecs but its a bunch of random files and dont do anything on my vista OS .