Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dell Guys where are you?? Dell Laptop Fan and Verizon built in minicard.?

I am hoping that who ever does answer this is hopefully a Dell guy or Verizon guy.. Ok some quick laptop history. Last month a Dell guy came to replace the motherboard,fan and touchpad. Pretty much everything in it. Well the motherboard was Dead on Arrival. I mean he said it was and he was only able to get the laptop running for 3 seconds then it would shutdown. So here comes Dell guy number 2. He puts in a new motherboard and still the issue pops up. First the fan would get loud then quiet then loud then a error message then shutdown. This would happen once it reached the wallpaper. Now it lets it run longer but then I also can't get my Dell Mobile Broadband Card Utility to connect to VZACCESS. Says error 913. Called verizon. The guy said he couldn't fix it and that Dell might have to replace the built in mini card. What do I do? I spent a hour with verizon and 2 1/2 hours with dell on the phone and I hate them both for not helping me. what now? new fan failed test last time done.

oh and i did driver updates and all already for it. Do you think I might need a new built in minicard?

Downloads
    Uploads
    this is the dell guy on yahoo answers here,
    http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=AkOObctkkkraDFgsXC6CXEa1.Bd.;_ylv=3?s how=2dkCdd3Yaa
    most unfortunately no email id / contact option

check if this helps,
    http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?c=us&dl=false&l=en&s=gen&docid=23CF71774A E567C0E040A68F5B284782&doclang=en&cs=

do you maintain any documented backup of all these events, email or similar .. or phone only
    do you have the option of returning system and demanding a new one ? ... this one will in all likelyhood cause issues later on too
    what system is it & warranty terms

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sound like a LEMON ,I think if the way you explained it is right Dell should take it back ,But if you want to eliminate the problem who is fault is your problem ,Just take your laptop to
    other location like friends home and just connect directly to broadband someone whom has Cable or Plain DSL if it works with just straight cat 5 cable ,The problem is Verizon but if it did not work call Dell ans scream and demand your money back I have about 100+ Dell laptops old and new ,so far they worked better than others.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Call into dell support. Take down every name you speak to and the time you speak. Ask for it if they do not give it, Write any info they give you down. Ask the person who answers you to let you talk to their supervisor, because you have a lemon laptop and since dell has tried twice to fix it, you want a new one. BE VERY FIRM. As soon as you get the supervisor, briefly explain the situation and ask for Their supervisor. Keep asking for a supervisor until there is no one else they can pass you to. This will get you to the highest ranking person on site if you keep insisting.

Remember that this person is a manager, and he does not what any waves on his shift. The last thing he wants is to escalate a complaint. Ask this person to spell their name, because you are going to be writing letters and you want to get the people who have helped you the proper credit.

Get the names, every time.

Explain that you are a businessman/woman (whatever fits) and bought a dell because of their reputation, that you laptop has failed miserably and support has as well, and insist on a new laptop. Explain everything to him, include ALL quirks that are happening with you computer, especially mention that it reboots at random and you do not have time to save work. Tell this person that you are losing productivity. Use that term, productivity. If it comes down to it, insist on speaking to their supervisor. If they say they do not have one, tell them unless they own dell, they have a boss, and you wish to speak to them.

Do not treat any one badly, be nice and patient, but firm. Act like you are speaking to a stubborn child, and just keep at it. Don't take no for an answer until you get help.

Try the card in another laptop, if it works, the problem is with your laptop, not the card.

You probably will not get a new laptop, but you will get help if you stick to it.

Let me know how it goes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    sounds like you got a lemon... the only thing you can do is call dell or verison till they you get a tech that actually knows what they are doing and can get the problem moving towards resolution.. I worked tech support for several years and i know that they have certain fixes that they read to you especially when you are talking to someone from overseas they only know whats in front of them to read to you...