Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tire shop put wrong tires on my SUV, what now?

Had a 2010 Nissan Rogue AWD... a lease... upon inspection for turn in, the inspector said I need to get new tires or pay 169 per tire... I said I just got ALL 4 replaced 10 months ago... he said they are in great condition but the wrong rating, they were R rated.

So long story short, I rejected inspection and have another one, and this time the right tires will be on there (my buddy has the same SUV with the tires

SO, when I called the tire shop up, which is a fairly big one and well known and asked them about this... they said the sticker "recommends" R rated or above.... I looked up S rated and turns out they are for H.D. Light Truck's (?) and someone also told me that when replacing the tires, especially on AWD, they have to put what is on the sticker, sort of like the type of oil or gas or tire pressure, etc..

Now, is the tire shop at fault? The whole reason I got them replaced was my wife got a flat, and one other tire was looking kind of bald, and they said on AWD you must replace ALL 4 even if one has to go... why be so meticulate and then put the wrong rated tires on?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I bought a Big Mac, and 10 months later found out I only got one pickle instead of two, I don't think I could get much help from Ronald!

You as the car owner (or lessee) had the responsibility to verify the tires were correct, but when you bought them. 10 months later, you really have no leg to stand on I'm afraid.

Junior Member marine_semperfi_jarhead's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You should have paid attention to what kind of tire they put on your car. Since its a lease you should have told them to replace your old tires with exactly the same tire. The ratings are suggestions to wieght class.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you can,t exactly blame the tire shop ! they were just going by the sticker on the door !