Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Chatbox

Show the help window Full page mode
Empty the chat input field Refresh the chats
Loading ...
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.
+ Reply to Thread
    Downloads
    Uploads

My dog is scared of the Garbage truck/School bus?

I have no clue why but we were outside in the wooden fenced in back yard early before I went to work and the garbage truck came down my street and turned around in the dead end of my road. Right when the truck started pumping his loud air compressed brakes and smashing the trash she started trembling almost to the point of not being able to stand up. It's a little better if I get down on her level and pet her and say it's ok but she eventually takes off towards the door and wants to go in jumping on the door. She has not had a negative run in with either but it has happened twice now. She can also see the garbage truck while it is doing this so she knows where it is coming from. Why so scared?

Downloads
    Uploads
    all pups are afraid of things .
    its just nature

Downloads
    Uploads
    It may just be because it's so big and loud. She just may have never seen one of those big scary things that make loud noises before. Dogs are funny, maybe she got stung by a bee, when she happened to see a garbage truck and made that association, who knows. One thing you can stop doing is petting her when she's feeling scared. It's human to want to calm her and tell her everything is okay, but in doggy language you are actually telling her that you want her to feel this way and are praising her for feeling this way when she sees the garbage truck. Ignore her when she acts like that, it's hard I know. Act like the garbage truck is no big deal.
    To prevent her acting like this, when you know the garbage truck is going to come, prepare yourself in advance with some special yummy treats. Maybe she should only get these treats in the presence of a garbage truck. Begin to distract her with these treats before she notices the truck. Food overcomes fear.
    Let her make a positive association with the garbage truck. Garbage truck=steak, what fun! Maybe this association will start in the back yard, with a fence as a barrier. At her pace, don't force her, it may take weeks or months, you may end up at the curb next to the garbage truck feeding her special treats and she won't react.
    Good Luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

Antispam, complete the task: