Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I want to go on holiday but my husband won't put the dogs in kennels?

I want to take the kids for a monday to friday break in Devon. My in-law's usually have the dogs but due to illness they are unable to do it. I suggested putting the dogs in kennels but he says only if I put the kids in care for the week. He seems to think that it is the same thing. Kids are not dogs. I am thinking about going with the kids and without him so he can stay home with his precious dogs but he is having an operation on his shoulder in a few weeks and we are not sure how he will be and if he'll be able to use it/drive etc when we would be going.

What would you do?

Go without him? Put dogs in anyway? Not have holiday?

Junior Member Fallon[PugsaNotdrugs]'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd go anyway, without him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have any other family or friends that may be willing to dog-sit for you? Someone who could come and stay at the house for the week, feed and walk the dogs? Your husband may feel more comfortable with that.

If you have some good boarding facilities in your area that do a good job, then there is nothing wrong with that! Just do your research first, visit them to check out their facilities and meet the workers, ask lots of questions, and ask for references before you commit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Board the dogs at the kennels. There are some kennels that give the dogs play time and stuff. FInd one of those, if you can't, just put them regular kennels unless your dogs are very skittish.

You are right, dogs are not kids. They will be fine for a couple of days at a kennel.