Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Telus in Saskatchewan?

Right now, I am using Sasktel prepaid. I get very good service with my phone in rural Saskatchewan, but I know Rogers gets horrible service unless you are in the city. I am thinking of getting a new phone with Telus, because they have the phone that I want. But, if the service in the country is horrible with Telus, this won't work for me. So, has anyone had Telus in Sask before? And was the service in rural areas horrible like Rogers or decent?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on my own observations (I'm not from Saskatchewan myself), there is some Telus coverage in Saskatchewan - but the majority of the coverage used is through Sasktel's coverage. That agreement was in place since July 2008 - but it's only for CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) coverage. Proof is founded here:
    http://www.telusmobility.com/en/ON/cdma/canadavoicemaps.shtml

Sasktel is in the process of upgrading its mobile phone networks to HSPA (Highspeed Downlink Packet Access), which eventually let Sasktel to offer the iPhone and other devices, like the BlackBerry Bold and some HTC devices. It is expected that Sasktel coverage will be up in running later in 2010, however Telus coverage won't be active - until at least 2011!

Information can be founded here: http://sasktel.com/EndecaUI/controller/_/Tab-4294966321/Ntt-3G-network

I hope this helps.