Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Telus "Line in Use" Always?!?

I just got back from the mall when all of a sudden all of my home phone says "line in use" when I click talk on the phone I hear like a weird buzzing noise (I can't really explain it). It's been like this for a long time like a couple hours. When I try to call the house using my cell. It says busy. If I try to call using the house phone it says busy. Also on the base the "in use" light isn't on. So I have know idea what it going on. Help?
    T says line in use even thought I am not using any of my house phone

*the house phone keep saying "line in use" even thought I am not using any of my 3 house phones

Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds like your phone line has been damaged either somewhere in your home or in the line leading from the street to your home.

Try plugging-in a phone on the line where it comes in from the street to your house. If you're able to use the phone from there, then there's a problem in your house phone wiring. If it's still not working from there, then there's something wrong with the phone company lines.

You might also try disconnecting all phones, computers, and FAX machines from the phone line and connecting each one individually to see if one of your phones has gone bad on you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds like your phone line has been damaged either somewhere in your home or in the line leading from the street to your home.

Try plugging-in a phone on the line where it comes in from the street to your house. If you're able to use the phone from there, then there's a problem in your house phone wiring. If it's still not working from there, then there's something wrong with the phone company lines.

You might also try disconnecting all phones, computers, and FAX machines from the phone line and connecting each one individually to see if one of your phones has gone bad on you.

something about TELUS SomeoneWhoKnows's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm assuming you are speaking about cordless phones. When the battery (or phone) reaches the end of its life then the 'line' is sometimes left open. Unplug all phones and fax machines and plug them back in one at a time. Each time you plug one in check for a dial tone.
    TELUS... The Future IS Friendly, just not yet.