Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Telus Cell Phone Contracts?

My boyfriend & I got a couples plan through Telus about a year & a half ago. In March when my boyfriend was moving, he lost his phone. And, because he got laid off, I've been paying our full bill ($80 a month) which includes $40 for a phone we cannot even use.

I want to cancel our plan, as it seems overly expensive for what I am actually getting from it. I know Telus charges $100 or $20 per month left in the contact. Is this per phone, or altogether, as it is a couples plan? And, does anyone know if there is anyway I could get a deal from Telus, as one of the phones hasn't even been used in over 2 months... and several features stopped working within a year on both phones..

something about TELUS SomeoneWhoKnows's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never was a fan of the 'Share' or 'Family' plans partly because of the reasons you stated. ETF (early termination fee) is calculated on a per phone basis because you are considered as two clients who just happen to share a plan. You can buy a new phone from TELUS to replace the lost one but it will be at full price. My suggestion is that you either buy a used TELUS phone from ebay or kijiji OR buy a TELUS pay&talk phone from a retailer like Walmart and have the new (or new to you) phone swapped to your account to replace the missing one.

My thoughts on shared plans...
    Most people choose these for the simple fact that they can have unlimited talk amongst plan members. My wife and I each have our own plan with our own bucket of minutes and I insisted that TELUS give both of us a feature called 'TELUS to TELUS' because I was signing up 2 clients at once. This feature lets us make or receive a call from any TELUS customer for free. They gladly gave us this feature for no cost for the length of our contract. Having each phone on its own plan gives us the comfort of only having to buyout one phone if the situation arises.
    TELUS... The Future IS Friendly, just not yet.