Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Prepaid Telus phones; want to buy another is there a sim card or w/e that...

...has to be switched into new phone? my boyfriend has a pay-as-you-go phone with the telus network and I want to buy him another one secretly for his birthday, with my rogers phone we have sim cards. Is there a similar type card or thing that I have to look out for?

And would I need to get a Telus network phone or could I get a phone that is simply unlocked?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Telus doesnt use SIM cards, its a CDMA network. In order to get a new phone for him, it will have to be a Telus phone and the ppl at the store have to register the new phone to his account. Once they register the new phone, his old phone wont work. So if I were you, i would buy the phone, give it to him for his bday, and then go to the telus store to get it activated on his account.

Unfortunetly, since he is not using a GSM provider (like Rogers =D) you cannot use an unlocked phone. 99.9% of all unlocked phones are GSM because well, 99.9% of the world practically uses GSM. But there may be a chance you can find an unlocked CDMA phone.

Since he is on prepaid, he could easily switch company providers so... you could get him an unlocked GSM phone and he can get a prepaid (pay as you go) account with Rogers. He can even keep his same phone number!