Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My downloads never stay above at 29.5KB/s is that normal for Telus high speed lite?

With any program: Internet explorer, Bit torrent, fire fox, limewire, MSN, or any program my downloads will never go higher than 33KB/s and that's the highest It flashes there maybe for 2 or 3 seconds and then it settles back down to a steady 29.5KB/s. I know I only have high speed lite but what makes me think about this whenever I turn my computer on a popup message on the tool bar says : "Your computer is now connected at 100MB/s" I do not have wireless.
    Network Specs:
    G class router
    speed touch modem 516 ver 6
    Telus high speed lite
    two computers (the two are never on at the same time)

Main Sysytem specs:
    Intel Duo core processor (2GHZ)
    2 GB RAM

Windows Vista
    OK my Download speed is 222KBs but how come my downloads never go above 29.5/KBs
    My upload speed is 122/KBs but my uploads never go above 5/KBs
    Kind of important to note If I have 2 downloads going at once from different servers one will be download at 25KB/s and the other at 2-6/KBs any more downloads than that only two will work selectively. I have a potential 222/KBs and am only getting 25/KBs that's 1/10 below I know potential and actual differed but that much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That message about your connection speed only applies to the connection between your computer and the router/modem. Of course that's going to be fast. What matters is the speed (probably listed in mbps) you're getting from your ISP. That's something you can either ask them or test at:
    http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest