Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I HATE TELUS!!!! advise?!?

Being as stupid as i am, i signed a three year contract with telus! and only NOW am i finding out how much they scam, and rip you off! im only 5 MONTHS in and i already hate them! At first i had the fave 10 plan which is a plan but with taxes they were charging me over ?!?!?! so then i switched to the LOWEST plan they had, which is for minutes and then i had to add a texting plan and im basically getting nothing?! im paying as much tax as i would a normal plan! its ridiculous, im getting charged here and there for stupid text messages when i have them free?! i called them and they're telling me garbage! they wont let me cancel my contract unless i pay 0!? i NEED to figure out a way to cancel my contract! HELP PLEAASEEEE! ANYONE KNOW?! have ideas or anything?! will they let me switch to pay-as-you go? if i told them i lost my phone, and they freeze my account would they eventually make me pay? how and when do they change CONTRACT TERMS?! how would i even know anyway? if i found out where the Satellite system does not do coverage and i told them that i'm moving there, would that work? but how would i find out where it doesn't do coverage?! help pleasseee!

something about TELUS SomeoneWhoKnows's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems that you may not have fully thought out what you were getting into by signing a CONTRACT, which is a legal document. You may want to see if someone will take over your contract by transferring it, ask your friends and family if they know of anyone. You could then get yourself a pay&talk phone if that is what works best for your situation. Because you signed a CONTRACT it can only be canceled by paying the early cancellation fee which is explained in the terms of the CONTRACT.
    As far as Taxes go, the provincial and federal governments set those fees and Telus (and every other company) is required by law to collect them and send the money to the government. Everything you buy and every service you use has a tax added to it. Telus has no control over this.
    Last edited by Someone Who Knows; 01-23-2009 at 03:26 PM.

Unregistered
    you reely are stupid for not aksing first!