Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Huge telus phone bill?

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I'm in the middle of a separation, and the agreement my soon to be ex and I came up with was that I would pay the full mortgage payment, in lieu of child support, and that she would take care of the property taxes and utilities.

Last June, I got a notice from Telus, saying that $400 was owing on the phone/cable/internet. I paid that, and told them that since I was no longer living at the house, I would like to have that account taken off of my name.

I got Shaw cable services, and was shopping around to see if I could find it cheaper, and last week I called Telus. They informed me that I had a $1300 bill, which was news to me. Apparently, they just kept on charging my account, until the ex moved out of the house. What sort of recourse is there in this kind of event?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The best thing I can tell is that you SHOULD have had your soon to be ex contact Telus and had that service put in her name. They will not do that at your request. At this point all you can do is call them have that service disconnected and see what you can work out on the bill. Have them check their records for any reference to you