Hi internet,

Well I'm having some trouble, you see a couple months ago I switch from Shaw to Telus and it's been working great, other then Telus is blocking all port forwarding and because I run a server, this isn't good. I have tried calling them and telling them I NEED to port forward but all they tell me is this can't be done. So a week or so ago, I grabbed my old Cisco Dual Band Router that I used with Shaw and hooked it up to the Actiontech V1000H gateway that Telus gave me. I tried hooking it up though the WAN and the LAN ports in the back and they both didn't give the Router internet connection so I went out and bought a Dlink Ethernet port splitter and it worked like a charm but because it was only a splitter it didn't give me a separate default IP and the splitter was just using the IP from Telus, there for I still couldn't port forward. So today I went out and bought a New Dlink dual band wireless router. I hooked it up from the gateway so it looked like this.

TELUS GATEWAY -----> DLINK SPLITTER -----> DLINK ROUTER

It works, it gave me a new IP and instead of connecting to 192.168.1.254 I now connect to 192.168.0.1. My computer internal IP is supposed to be 192.168.0.100 on the new Dlink when it used to be 192.168.1.92 but when I go and port forward on the Dlink with the new internal IP and test it, it shows as not open!? I then pinged my new internal IP in the Dlink ping check and it showed as NOT ALIVE! BUT THE OLD INTERNAL IP SHOW AS ALIVE ASWELL AS www.google.ca AND OTHER POPULAR SITES!!!!!!?!?!?!

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO NOW! Please, someone help me! I am soooooo tired of this crap!

Thanks!