Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long does it take for telus to activate texting features on a new cell phone?

Today I purchased a new cell phone and I chose the option of activating it online, and I purchased the unlimited texting plan. My phone is activated properly, I can make and recieve calls, but I'm pretty sure that the texting isn't working. It's saying that my messages are sent but I guess my friends arent recieving my texts.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes Telus to activate texting plans, or maybe I'm just having some sort of other trouble with it, not too sure. I decided I'd wait a few days before contacting customer support.

something about TELUS SomeoneWhoKnows's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There was a major outage today in the Toronto area, if that's where you are. If not, try texting your friends again Saturday and if it doesn't work then call client care (611) and ask why. Don't wait a few days since you are paying for a service that isn't working properly.
    Last edited by Someone Who Knows; 02-20-2009 at 11:31 PM.