Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I block an unwanted caller from my Telus cell phone? I am getting...

...harrassing calls.? I have a telus cell phone with a camera in it @ one year old. I NEED to block an incoming caller but am getting no help from their toll free number. PLEASE HELP.

Downloads
    Uploads
    whatever your telus phone uses as a carrier you need to call them and they wil block the number for you...make sure you talk to a representative and not some robot lol...but ya just call them get ahold of a representative and they will block that number out for you

something about TELUS SomeoneWhoKnows's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TELUS (or any other Canadian cell carrier) cannot block calls to your phone. You may be able to get them to change your number for free if you explain the situation. Your other option is to not answer when that person calls or change the ringer id to 'silent' for that particular number so you won't be disturbed.

If the calls are truly harassing then maybe you need to contact your local Police.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just learned about Canadian cell companies not being able to block numbers from unwanted callers. Was looking for some kind of hack but until then a friend told me of a way so I do not even have to answer any unwanted calls.

I just list their number in my phone book and give it the title of "IGNORE" and every time I see that name come up when a call comes in I just ignore it. I can title as many numbers as I want with "IGNORE" and no more unwanted calls and I don't have to change my number.

Hope this helps.
    canadianguy69

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianguy69 View Post
    Just learned about Canadian cell companies not being able to block numbers from unwanted callers. Was looking for some kind of hack but until then a friend told me of a way so I do not even have to answer any unwanted calls.

I just list their number in my phone book and give it the title of "IGNORE" and every time I see that name come up when a call comes in I just ignore it. I can title as many numbers as I want with "IGNORE" and no more unwanted calls and I don't have to change my number.

Hope this helps.
    canadianguy69

Isn't that basically what the previous post said?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 'ignore' thing would work just as well as the silent ringer. Some phones may not let you have more than one contact with the exact same title so you may have to do 'ignore 1' and 'ignore 2'.
    TELUS... The Future IS Friendly, just not yet.

Unregistered
    My elderly parents are getting called by a person who wants to "help them" She has already "cleaned house", and will not stop calling them, even though I asked her not to. How can I block her number from my parents phone? (I have power of attorney) Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads
    Numbers can be blocked on landline phones but not cellular. Contact your service provider if they have a landline.

Unregistered
    I have a Pay and Talk phone from Telus, I keep getting recorded messages from a company, which everytime they call, it uses up minutes, then uses more minutes everytime I have to check my voicemail...I want to block the number from even getting through to my phone, IGNORE will still allow them to call me and waste minutes...any ideas?

Oh, and I cannot put my phone to silent, I have children who need to be able to contact me in case of emergency...

Downloads
    Uploads
    If the company leaves a voicemail does it include a number to call them back? Contact them from a landline and have them remove your number from their calling list. You can also check your voicemail from a landline by calling your own number and entering * and your four digit password during your greeting. Calling from a landline will not use any minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast