Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone use Telus for cell phones?

I've never had a cell phone before, but I was thinking of picking up the LG Dare. It's on for $99.99 if you sign for a 3 year contract. I figure I'll be using a cell phone a fair bit over the next 3 years, so why not?

Although, I don't really understand how the plans work.

Apparently I -need- to take at least the $15 Bundle Plan with this phone, which gives you 250 free texts, and unlimited text receiving and unlimited web browsing. For $15 a month that doesn't sound bad to me.

But I'm assuming that's not my main plan? It doesn't say where minutes cost, or what kind of deals I can get for minutes...

Under 'Your Choice Plans', there's a a month plan that gives up to 150 bonus minutes and it says in the corner, Unlimited calls for up to 4 months.

I'm confused as to what plan I'll actually take, and what additional charges there will be, so in short, I probably won't even use 150 minutes a month, and I doubt I'll use 250 texts a month, so will I ever see my bill exceed $50 a month?

So confused here, thanks a bunch.

Unregistered
    Go to a local Telus dealer and explain your needs (think about your possible usage before you go) and see what is available. I personally never sign a 3 year contract as most phones/devices rarely last more than 18-24 months which means you will have to buy a new one at full price in order to fulfill your contract. You'll pay a little more for the phone on a 2 year contract but you can get a discounted phone at the end of the 2 years when you renew.