I'm a Telus customer, and for the past two weeks I've been having issues receiving text messages. It's very annoying. I just keep on receiving duplicate messages ALL DAY. I will receive the same text repeatedly, sometimes over a hundred times. I called telus 4 times, went to telus stores to speak to a rep and everyone is clueless and useless. They just keep on telling me it's a nation-wide network issue that's affecting thousands of users, and they will let me know when it's fixed. But it's been 2 freaking weeks! Anyone know what's going on? Are they just giving me the run around? What can I do in order to get someone from telus to move their ass and get this fixed? I tried cancelling my contract, but they told me there's a fee. One thing is for sure, once my contact is over, I AM NOT RENEWING WITH TELUS. I've been a loyal customer for 8 years, and the way they are dealing with this situation just plain sucks. It’s disgusting and infuriating. Please let me know if anyone else is having a similar problem, as well as if or how you were able to resolve it. I have an LG Dare. Thanks.