Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Obamacare or the ACA

So which one do you like better my fellow Americans? The Affordable Care Act or Obamacare?

CNBC Poll says 47% Americans aren't content with Obamacare, while only 37% of Americans aren't content with the Affordable Care Act. Here's a video of short interviews asking questions about it on the skre3tz.

Six of One - Obamacare vs. The Affordable Care Act - YouTube

The level of ignorance is revolting.

Downloads
    Uploads

Obamacare or the ACA

god, sometimes i hate my country. after i get my associates degree i need to move.

Downloads
    Uploads

Obamacare or the ACA

Remember good sir, there are 350 Million Americans. Out of that many people, not all of them are going to be the brightest. I'm sure both you and I have done or said things ourselves that make other people say exactly what you just did

Downloads
    Uploads

Obamacare or the ACA

Don't let the door...I hear North Korea is nice this time of year.

Downloads
    Uploads

Obamacare or the ACA

While I don't really know you, from your posts you seem to be a pretty reasonable person. Please stay, we need more folks like that, not less!

Downloads
    Uploads

Obamacare or the ACA

One must always be aware of the context of the situation they are in. "I'm going to leave the country because I hate it!" needs to be set to an appropriate situation. This one was rather minor for such a proclamation.

The best thing I can allude to is hearing my fellow boots proclaim they hate the Marine Corps and can't wait for their four years to be done with. Those of you who have served probably understand this mindset due to the endless frustrations, hypocrisy, and the throwing people under the bus mentality that often happens in the military. I was unfortunate enough as a boot to have one of my fellow boots proclaim, "I can't wait until my four years are up! I hate this place!" after he was assigned overnight duty. Senior NCO's and Staff NCOs were around. This resulted in a rounding up of all boots and a nice long talk about how we don't know what "bad" is, we hadn't even deployed. And then a whole week of being treated horribly with extra duty, cleaning, and having to run back and forth from one location to another for no reason, all day long while getting the "spray it" part of the "say it" cause' they were yelling so hard at us all the time.

Best to save the ultimatum statements for when it really matters

Downloads
    Uploads

Obamacare or the ACA

Completely agree Ero, i know people all the time who are in the services, some colleagues. Who "can't wait to leave", a lot of them have had this mantea for the past 4 years or for as long as Iv'e known them.

Though true enough a lot of people are leaving mostly for the following reasons.

A)More Bureacracy and red tape sapping moral.
    B)Fewer decent overseas deployments.
    C)Less funding for sports etc
    D)Higher comparable pay in the civillian sector.

Though in a weird way with more and more people leaving it opens the door for those who wan't to stay in and make a career of it. For me I am at the "meh" point. I'm waiting to see how things develop and were im posted to next, but I'm likely to leave soon to.

----
    In regards to GrassHoppers comments, you could do that or you could stay and make an effort to fix the problem?

Raz

Downloads
    Uploads

Obamacare or the ACA

Well that was painful to watch. I'm British and even I sat there, read the first line of that post and went "...I thought they were the same thing?!". And I don't realistically even know what Obamacare is suggesting short of what has been told to me.

Just goes to show voters hating on the policy because of the identity rather than its' merits. Bravo TV show, bravo

Downloads
    Uploads

Obamacare or the ACA

I'll be absolutely honest here. I didn't know Obamacare was called the Affordable Care Act until a couple of days ago. Wasn't a subject of great concern for me until recently. I did know that whatever health law they were passing was dubbed "Obamacare" and I sure as hell knew that lawmakers weren't going to actually name a law "Obamacare." So if somebody walked up to me on the street asking these questions I would have first asked, "Are those the same things?" because I'm only aware of one healthcare law that has been put into effect, and if they said no I would have been drilling THEM on the differences of the two in an attempt to gather information about it, then probably went home and do some Googling.

To outright just display your ignorance with confidence though . . . . . makes me want to spit. Not just on this subject either

Downloads
    Uploads

Obamacare or the ACA

You mean...you have to go home to use Google?! You can't find Wi-Fi in the street on your phone?! What kind of troglodyte-esque place do you live in?!

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast