If the default distro doesn’t work out for you and you don’t feel like using the Xubuntu made for the EEE, you have another option: Puppeee. It is based on Puppy Linux, a distro written for ease of use and efficiency. The review on Linux.com has to say this about Puppeee:
During boot, the entire system loads into RAM and runs from there, which significantly boosts the system’s overall speed and saves the Eee PC’s solid state disk (SSD) from unnecessary wear. Better yet, since Eee PC’s SSD is soldered to the motherboard and cannot be replaced, you can still use the machine with Puppeee if the SSD dies by booting from an external device.
As you would expect, Puppeee sports good support for Eee PC hardware, so pretty much everything works right out of the box, including wireless and wired network interfaces, sound, webcam, microphone, and the SD card slot.
I don’t have an EEE pc, but it makes me curious. I just don’t know if the ones in computer shops would let me try it out just for the heck of it. Must ask around when I go to the mall.
Tags: distributions, distros, eee, linux, puppy linuxShare This
</img>
</img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img>

</img>