Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

why is att hi speed internet (basic) so slow??

ATT says the downstream speed should be up to 768kbps for basic hi speed internet(downstream means download right?) and the upstream should be as high as 384kbps(upload?) Whenever I download a file or anything the speed of it downloading seems to be anywhere from 30-85kpbs. I think that's awfully slow, sure ATT says the speed CAN be AS high as 768kbps for downstream speeds, but my downstream(download?) speeds are nowhere near that. does anyone have a solution or is this normal?

Downloads
    Uploads
    One thing that ISPs do is they over subscribe. In other words take on more customers than their system can handle... Its a real common problem. If you're using the internet during prime time hours that could be the problem too... There's not much you can do if this is the problem, but at least you know...

Also, make sure to update and run your anti-virus software and anti-malware software to make sure there's nothing there...

If there isn't I feel your pain... It happens to all of us... Very few of us get the speed we're supposed to.. I know I get frustrated with it a lot of times...