Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    GerC

where is the att wire on a panasonic car stereo loom?

I'm wiring in a phone kit to my company van and it has a Panasonic stereo but want to know where to connect the CRM ie. muting of the stereo when phone rings.

KaeZoo
    I'd be very surprised if your company's van has a stereo with a mute wire. This is usually a feature of a higher-end CD player. If it doesn't have it, then you can use the phone kit's mute output to shut off the CD player instead of muting.

To do this, you'll need a standard SPDT automotive relay. Cut the RED wire behind the Panasonic radio, and wire the relay terminals as follows:

85---phone kit mute wire
    86 and 87A---end of red wire coming from the vehicle harness
    30---red wire from back of Panasonic head unit
    87---not used

When your receive a call, the relay will activate and cut the accessory power to the radio. This will cause it to shut off, exactly as if you'd turned the key off. It won't lose memory or clock settings, and it will turn on again when the call ends.

Larry B
    This is not a standard feature on all radios, it may not have it. Most of the time though it is a pink wire. I would consult the manual of the radio, if you don't have it you should be able to find it on the Panasonic website.