Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Maddie

What AT&T/Cingular phone should i get?

I'm looking for a AT&T/Cingular cell phone. I want one that is a camera phone and that had good sound quality and battery life. I also want it to be pretty thin.

Extra bonuses I would like:
    Slide-out keyboard.
    AIM
    Cool ringtones

Stuff I would not like:

I don't want a phone for business people and that had microsoft office on it and stuff like that. :P I'm a 13 year-old girl and I'm getting this for my birthday, so I don't want it to be crazy expensive. Also, please don't say I should get a razor, as I am already considering it. You can, however tell me some other things about the razor that I might like, and tell me what kind of razor I should get.

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    At&t has a number of pretty nice phones, i'm glad you mentioned your age, that makes this a lot easier.

I would recommend the Motorola V-3 rzr for the following reasons:

it has all the features that you want
    the phone has been out for a while, and if you lose it (make sure you get insurance) they have them in stock and you can get a replacement model.
    there are lot of assessories available for it, so you can bling it out easy.
    Also since the phone has been out for a while, if you go to an actual AT&T store not an authorized dealer, you can get it at no cost with a 2 year contract. or online at www.at&t.com.

Steer away from phones that have just come out, sometimes they have problems that are not noticed until after hey are out, also, most new phones you can't get insurance on them, so if you lose it, you have to pay retail price for a replacement

Downloads
    Uploads
    dont get a razr.
    they are P.O.S. phones.
    ive been through 3 in the past year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would get the iPhone, although it doesn't have a slide out keyboard. The texting is very easy on the phone, however. It is somewhat like a business phone, but it doesn't have Microsoft Office and all that stuff on it. I had a Razr, and from my experience, it wasn't that good of a phone. But that's just me, and I had one of the older models from last year. Many of the phones with slide out keyboards, however, are smart phones, meaning they have features for business consumers.

Prestige
    You might want to try any of these:

Samsung SYNC (comes in red, gray, or blue): http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=SYNC+by+Samsung+-+Red&q_sku=sku950157

LG Shine: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=LG+Shine(TM)&q_sku=sku1130019

Motorola MOTO: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=Motorola+MOTO(TM)Z9&q_sku=sku1250193

Motorola Razr V3xx (I have this and it is alright): http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=MOTORAZR+V3xx+-+Pink+&q_sku=sku1000152

Beerman O
    go with the new sony ericsson slider, it looks good and just came out
    everyon has the razor it's pretty played out

Gurlie
    Yepp I got a motorola razr 2 v9 for att and i have to say it's a pretty good phone just the only thing bad is the battery life. I charge it about just once a day but its so tight. I love the sound quality, the external screen that when you touch it it gives a vibrating haptics feedback, its especially good for self portraits cause the screen is huuge. the camera is really good too but no flash but they have night mode for darker pictures which is good enough for me. It's slim and sexy and comes with 45 mb preloaded, 3G fast, good internet, clear beautiful screen, crystaltalk which improves voice quality for the other person, strong metalized finish, for instant messaging you have choices of aol, yahoo, windows messenger, you can put a micro sd card for more memory only 2 gb which is the maximum, comes with a free usb cable, strong signal, and a whole lot more. trust me for a 13 year old what more do you want?

Don't listen to the other people cause theyre talking about the older razr but other than that i would get the lg shine cause that looks sick, or the sony slider, or the moto z9 slider.