Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

trade old phone for the new iPhone?

i have a razr and a family plan from at&t
    am i able to trade in my razr for the new iphone?
    if so does it cost any money and a new contract?

any help appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately not. Razr's are slowly becoming outdated and are not worth very much at all. Considering the iPhone is AT&T's flagship phone, they probably won't sell one in exchange for an old Razr. And there is no way the Apple store will take the Razr, for obvious reasons.

The closest thing you could get to trading it in is if you sell your Razr on eBay and then buy the iPhone with the money. Depending on it's condition and age, the Razr could be worth up to $100. Then, you'll have to save up another $200 for an 8 GB, or $300 for a 16 GB (I think).

But, don't do this for about another week or two, because I'm trying to get one myself but the stores are constantly being sold out early in the morning due to long lines.

Thanks and good luck,
    Todd

PS: Keep in mind that the plan for the new iPhone is INCREDIBLY expensive. Apple kept advertising the phone by talking about how it's really cheap, but what they don't tell you is that the new plan makes up for the cheaper price than first iPhone. It could be as much as $300 minimum annually.