Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm under a 2 year contract with cingular and I ruined my phone, can I buy a new...

...cingular phone, and use it? ? I want to put my old SIM card in the new phone and use it with the existing number. Also, what are the charges usually acquainted with this? Will Cingular let me use my old number on the new phone without having to upgrade anything?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Depending on how long you've had your phone, they will tell you if you can return it for a new one of the same model of phone you have. If you don't have warranties and stuff, you are SOL. But, if anything you can just buy a used phone from like Ebay and stuff. There shouldn't be any charges except of course, the used phoen you bought. But if you were to buy a phone from Cingular, you have to pay full price and stuff. You MIGHT have to pay the termination fee or something if you are buying a new phone from the company.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you can buy a new att(cingular) phone and keep you existing # you may have to get a new sim card if you get a 3 g phone and don't have a 3 g sim card then you would have to get a new sim card that would come with the phone all you would need to do is call att and update your imei# for your new phone. you can get your imei# by pressing *#06# on your cell phone.if you don't have insurance you may want to add it you have 30 days from when you get the phone it would be alot cheaper to replace your phone in the future if something else should happen in the future. the cost of replacing your phone can be expensive especially if you just got a phone recently try looking at refurbished phones on the website may make the cost of replacing the phone less expensive hope this helps good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    I buy new or used unlocked phones from hasslefreecell.com
    they are great... you can slip in the SIM and have at it...
    Your carrier doesn't need to know anything...
    They are so reasonable I never buy insurance or worry about them, if I lose one or break one I buy another...

Never buy one from the phone carrier store, they are rip offs.