I lost my 16GB iPhone 3G. I tried to buy a replacement phone, but ATT basically said that I would have to pay the full unsubsidized price for the phone AND I would have to pay for an additional line on my plan just to get the replacement phone. So in other words, it's not exactly a "replacement" because I have to buy another line. I'm being penalized twice for losing my iPhone, this is outrageous!!

So for a phone that I initially bought for 0.... I would have to pay 0 for the same phone PLUS an extra /month for the extra line because Apple policy doesn't allow them to sell any iPhones without a plan. I'm so mad... does anyone out there know a way around this?

There's no hope in finding it, it fell out of my pocket at the club & surely someone picked it up & won't return it. And ATT told me there is no way they can trace the phone. It seems cheapest option for me is to cancel my current plan, get hit with the $175 early termination fee, then buy a new iphone at the subsidized price & start a new plan all over again.