Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can I get out of my ATT cingular contract early. I dont even have...

...service here were Iive but verizon does The person at the store lied to me and said I would have service if I bought this particular phone. I later found out the phone he sold me is a piece of crapp and alot of people have had trouble with it. People come to my house and talk on the verizon phones and it makes me sick. I cant waite another year! anyone know any tricks or advice?

Downloads
    Uploads
    THEY MUST LET YOU OUT OF YOUR CONTRACT WITHOUT PENALTY IF:
    1. You die
    2. You are drafted in the military
    3. there never was or they lost service in your area.

Call them...call their technical support. They will want proof no service is available in your area. They will issue what is called a "trouble ticket". It will allow them to go to your area and test and determine if something may be wrong and they can fix it or it is simply a dead zone. It can take 24-84 hours to get back with a response. If it takes longer, they may have actually found a network problem.

Of course when you call to issue the trouble ticket, they will do basic troubleshooting to attempt to fix it. Just do it, even if it may not help. Then they issue the ticket.

Make the situation sound as bad as possible. COMPLAIN COMPLAIN AND COMPLAIN SOME MORE ABOUT THEIR SERVICE TO THEM!

They will eventually let you out of your contract. If the first trouble ticket comes back saying there isn't a problem, call back and issue another one. Keep doing this until they get their head out of their butt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Verizon has much much better coverage then ATT, also better phones and features and services on the flip side its a little more costly then ATT. You should never trust a store rep, ATT or verizon or anything. Always look phones up on cnet.com they have detailed reviews. I'm not sure how early termination fees work on ATT. iphone sucks too, so don't fall for that con. It can't do anything. No bluetooth, no txting pictures, no recording video, no flash in browser or camrea, no mobileTV, too itunes centric, no mobileTV, not worth it.

Junior Member matthew_dillard2003's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Plead coverage area. That's the best way. You're never "stuck". Read your service contract "HEAVILY" If anything in that contract is off, you can easily nullify.