Yahoo needs to get with the program. I've aksed ATT over and over how to resolve and no has yet to answer my question. These two giants are working together, so why not fix it?? I've read that some say you can't do this - WRONG!!! It depends on how you do the copying and the pasting.

If you highlight a graphic/pic/whatever, on a web page, with your mouse, hit "Ctrl C" to copy, you can then go into your email, put your cursor where ya want the pic and press "Ctrl V" (old DOS commands still work) and Viola - there it is.

However, I'm use to doing it another way at work which is more flexible, but does NOT work with Yahoo. Herein lies my intense frustration. At work we use Louts Notes for email. I have to often explain the use of various data bases we make available to the public, and since some of the users are not so computer savy, I try to make the instructions as easy as possibly to follow with visuals and verbaig!!

The Process:

At the screen I want to capture something on - to show an icon or to click on or a series of options etc - I hit "Shift then Print Screen" I then open up Paint which is "standard issue" with Windows. At the Paint screen I hit "Ctrl V" to past the image from the clipboard onto the screen. Sometime a lil box will appear that says the pic is larger than the screen - paste anyway - just click "Yes." Then I'll use the lil dashed rectangular "cut" icon in the upper left hand corner of the Paint Screen (simply click on it) to outline what part of the screen I want to paste in my email. This step alone makes it much more flexible in what you can select than the broadbrush approach using the mouse alone. After outlining the part I want to copy, I hit "Ctrl X" to cut that out of Paint - which I presume goes back to the clipboard. I go into my email, place the cursor where I want to insert the image, and hit "Ctrl V' to paste it there. Works fine in Lotus Note, NOT IN ATT/YAHOO - WHY???

For some reason Yahoo does not like the intervening step of using Paint, but everything one cut's or copies goes to the friggin clipboard anyway, doesn't it? Thank God ATT/YAHOO have finally gotten help folks who speak clearer and distinct English than what they had in the past. Comments - suggestions - is it an html thing?